Monday, April 23, 2012

Home-made Coffee??

Thinking of becoming your own at home barista?

Confession. I spend way to much time at Latte Donatte, which means money too. What did my parents get me for Christmas? My own espresso machine! 
I love it! Visiting Latte Donatte still happens however, even with my own machine. 

At-home espresso machines are a luxury. I have made numerous ones for my family whenever they are around. 

At-home espresso machines have become very easily accessible.They are not just accessible, they are also easy to use! 



If your thinking of investing in one and do not know what to look for here are 3 general tips are you to look for. 




1. Cleaning ability

Whenever make something dirty, got to clean it up. Right? Espresso machines can be a detailed cleaning job if done right. Clean it early and often! Having a clean machine will result in a better coffee that you will enjoy!

2. Steam Wand

Highly important for latte drinkers. The steam wand, it is what can make or sink a drink. How it foams and heats your milk will make a difference if the machine is right for you. It is controlled by the steam knob, which regulates how much steam you put through the milk. 

3. BAR of pressure

15 BAR? I even had no idea when I first got my machine, what that meant. The word BAR stands for amount of pressure being applied onto the coffee during the brew process. The more BAR's of pressure the better and faster your coffee will be! I suggest anything more then 9. This will bring you to a higher quality machine, yet worth the money! 

Here are some espresso machines that are sold for homes and commercially. 

Happy Coffee Making!





No comments:

Post a Comment